A large amount of leaves that have fallen in northern neighborhoods will keep crews north through next Monday.
On Tuesday, November 27, 2018, crews will move to central neighborhoods for the second and final pass through those central neighborhoods.
Residents can visit the website cityoffortwayne.org/leaves, for daily updates showing the neighborhoods they will be in each day. The site along, with a leaf phone line at 427- 2603 are updated by 3:00 p.m. the day before the collection.
Leaf bags are not be collected with garbage collection. Residents wanting biodegradable paper leaf bags collected should call 311 to schedule a pick-up. The bags should be placed at the curb and collection will be within two business days of the call to 311.
• Rake leaves to the park strip by 7 a.m. on the first day of the week when crews will be in your area.
• Don’t put leaves in your trash or recycling cart. It is against State of Indiana law.
• Don’t burn leaves. It’s a violation of City Code and can result in a fine.
• Don’t place leaves in the street.
• Don’t mix other yard waste with leaves.
• Don’t put leaves in or over storm drains.
• For safety, and to assist motorists, parents should remind children to not play in leaf piles near the street.