FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) — A Carroll Middle School field trip was disrupted Wednesday when a student on a school bus reportedly made a bomb threat.
According to a release from Northwest Allen County Schools, 8th grade students were being transported to a field trip when a student made a threat that they had a bomb on the bus.
The bus was stopped in the area of S.R. 205 and C.R. 11, just south of Garrett, and evacuated, the release said.
Law enforcement inspected the bus and determined “there was never a credible threat to student safety,” the release said.
The student who made the threat was removed, and the field trip carried on, the release added. It’s not clear what discipline the student could face.
- No kidding: California overtime law threatens use of grazing goats to prevent wildfires
- TikTok user’s video about collapsed building goes viral
- Colleges squirm under anti-diversity, equity and inclusion pressure
- Americans owe $1 trillion in credit card debt
- Most say don’t ban race in college admissions, but its role should be small, poll finds