FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) — A Fort Wayne man killed after a vehicle hit the sign in front of a motel on West Coliseum Boulevard on Monday has been identified.
The Allen County Coroner said 51-year-old Matthew W. Becher died from multiple blunt force injuries and ruled his death an accident.
He likely suffered some type of medical episode before his vehicle veered off the road and crashed into the sign at the Regency Inn at 1004 W. Coliseum Blvd., according to Fort Wayne police.
Becher was the vehicle’s lone occupant.
Medics treated him at the scene but he was pronounced dead a short time later, police said.
One lane of westbound Coliseum Boulevard was closed while police investigated.
- See where all the storm damage happened
- ‘I would like the church shut down’: Woman who says viral pastor’s son molested her comes forward
- Corporations’ thirst for profits isn’t to blame for inflation, economists say
- Family dog saves kids from mountain lion in Colorado
- Heat and humidity build with more rain possible