April 7-13 is National Library Week. And, this year’s theme is Libraries = Strong Communities. During this year’s event, the Allen County Public Library will be celebrating the organization’s partnerships and collaborations with others who are also working to make our community stronger.
A few examples of these include: the Northeast Indiana Innovation Center, Purdue Extension
Office, University of Saint Francis, Fort Wayne Children’s Choir, and the Fort Wayne Dance
This year’s festivities will include:
– Programming with local partners throughout the month of April
– A food drive at all ACPL locations in partnership with Community Harvest Food Bank
– ACPL Coloring Book giveaways at all locations
– Bookmarks that feature artwork by the winners of our annual bookmark contest
– 2019 ACPL Book Bowl trivia competition on Sunday, April 7
– Staff appreciation day on Tuesday, April 9
The Allen County Public Library will also be supporting the important work of the Community
Harvest Food Bank during National Library Week.
“We realize that library customers of all ages suffer from food scarcity year-round. We hope
our customers will support Community Harvest by donating non-perishable food items at any
of our 15 Allen County Public Library locations during National Library Week,” said Stephanny Smith, Community Engagement Manager.
ACPL Coloring Books and NLW Contest Winner Bookmarks will be given away during the week and in the weeks that follow, while supplies last.