Seven people, including two from Fort Wayne and another from Spencerville, were arrested Thursday as part of a human trafficking operation in Defiance.
On Thursday, Defiance Police, the FBI’s Violent Crimes Against Children Task Force, the Defiance County Sheriff’s Office, and the Defiance County Prosecutor’s Office conducted a joint operation to “deter human trafficking and sex trafficking” in the city, according to a press release. As a result of the investigation, seven arrests were made.
Those arrested were:
- William Deatrick, 56, of Cecil, Ohio, for Solicitation
- Chase Roberts, 33, of Edon, Ohio, for Solicitation
- Megan R. Pickard, 39, of Bryan, Ohio, for Solicitation
- Dale R. Miller, 54, of Spencerville for Solicitation
- Benjamin Njogu, 35, of Mason City, Iowa, for Solicitation
- Aleasha Cain, 36, of Fort Wayne for Solicitation and pending felony drug charges
- Brandon Perkins, 37, of Fort Wayne for Promoting Prostitution and pending felony drug charges
No other information on the case was released.