More than 5,000 volunteers worked all across Fort Wayne for the 2018 Great American Cleanup on Saturday.
The event is the largest community improvement effort in the country with more than 20,000 communities taking part. Last year, more than 4 million volunteers helped clean up towns and cities.
In Fort Wayne, volunteers focused cleanup efforts in neighborhoods, on vacant lots, on trails and greenways, around streets and roads, and area rivers.
Last year, volunteers in Fort Wayne collected nearly 190,000 pounds of debris.
Volunteers were made up of church groups, businesses, organizations, families, schools, and individuals.
Below is a list of volunteers and their cleanup areas, as provided by the City of Fort Wayne.
- Taco Bell Employees — Stellhorn/Maplecrest/Lahmeyer area
- Walgreens Employees — Dupont Road between Lima and Coldwater
- Lowes Employees — Lake Avenue between California and Forest Park Blvd.
- Vincent Village Employees — Pontiac between Lafayette and South Anthony
- ARM Construction Employees — Wayne Trace and Pontiac
- Ivy Tech — Coliseum Boulevard between Crescent and State
- YLNI, Profed Credit Union — Shoaff Park area
- Bridge of Grace Compassionate Ministries Center — Petit, Paulding, Anthony, Hanna (Levan Scott Academy, Brewer Park)
- Good Shepard United Methodist — Reed Road between Trier and Karen Ave.
- Votaw Electric, First Assembly of God Church, various families — Washington Center Road between Huguenard and Coldwater
- Lutheran Villages Employees — Gable Road adjacent to S. Anthony
- Trinity English Lutheran Church/First Presbyterian Church — Pufferbelly Trail between Washington Center and Wallen Road
- South Side High School JAG students — neighborhoods around SSHS
- Avalon Missionary Church — Lower Huntington Road
- Girl Scout Troop 00547, Cub Scout Pack 3302 — Indian Trails Park near Aboite Center Road
- Boy Scouts Troop 430 — Maumee Pathway
- Water Furnace International — Airport Expressway between Bluffton Road and Smith Road