DEKALB COUNTY, Ind. (WANE) Three people were hurt, two critically, following a crash early Monday morning at an intersection in DeKalb County.
Investigators determined that Stephani Emenhiser, 44, of Spencerville was heading north on State Road 1 at around 4:40 a.m. when for unknown reasons, she failed to yield at the intersection with State Road 8 and CR 63. according to the DeKalb County Sheriff’s Department.
She drove into the path of a Chevy Malibu heading west by Jacob Akerman, 38, of Hicksville, Ohio. The force of the impact pushed Emenhiser’s Ford Edge into a Dodge Ram driven by Darryl Eicher, Jr., 39, of Butler. The edge overturned on the truck before coming to rest.
Emenhiser was unconscious and had a laceration to her head. Akerman broke an ankle and complained of head pain, while Eicher suffered a head laceration. All three were taken to a hospital with Emenhiser and Akerman initially listed in critical condition.
- Apple to roll out ‘lockdown’ feature in fall systems update
- DOJ: 1,500 arrested in June in ‘Operation North Star’
- Hybrid, electric vehicle demand skyrockets in rural America
- South Texas environmentalists plan to appeal beach lawsuit ruling
- Aerostatic balloon with night vision cameras becomes new border guardian