11-year-old recognized for saving family from carbon monoxide

Local News

An 11-year-old boy was recognized Monday for saving his family when their home was filled with carbon monoxide.

On Feb. 3, Milind Kumer called 9-1-1 and opened windows after his family members began to complain of headaches, dizziness and vomiting. He suspected it might be carbon monoxide poisoning. 

It turns out he was right as a CO leak was discovered coming from a faulty furnace. 

Kumer was recognized by the Warsaw Schoool Board and first responders at the school board meeting Monday night at Edgewood Middle School and was presented with a certificate. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss