Ten Fort Wayne businesses have been awarded grants to upgrade the façades of their locations.
In a press conference at Hop River Brewing at 1515 N. Harrison St., Fort Wayne Mayor Tom Henry on Thursday announced the recipients of the city’s 2018 Commercial Façade Grants. All told, the city will invest some $250,000 into the projects while local businesses will contribute more than $765,000 in private dollars.
The local businesses that will receive grants include:
- Nyla Jean Properties (1434-1436 Wells St.)
- Hop River Brewing Company (1515 N. Harrison St.)
- Shady Nook (2834 Parnell Ave.)
- Media One (1530 Spy Run)
- Oxford Community Association (1421 Oxford St.)
- Saigon Restaurant (2006 S. Calhoun St.)
- Jones Auto Repair (1701 S. Anthony Blvd.)
- Reliable Cleaning (302 E. Wallace)
- Fairfield Heights (2018-2030 Fairfield Ave.)
- Apex Consulting (1313 Broadway)
The façade investments will be used to do everything from install new windows to paint and add new stone exteriors, the city said.
“I continue to be encouraged by the progress we’re seeing along our urban corridors,” said Henry. “The 90 façade grant projects, plus the ones we’re announcing today, are transforming our business corridors and helping revitalize the surrounding neighborhoods.”
The Commercial Façade Grant program was established in 2008. A total of 90 projects have been completed since the program was introduced.