INDIANAPOLIS (WANE) Walmart announced Wednesday it plans to remodel 19 stores in Indiana as part of a $96 million investment that also includes the expansion of grocery pickup and delivery services along with other enhancements.
Store remodels are slated for the following stores:
- 2016 N Wayne Street, Angola
- 2100 N Main Street, Bluffton
- 2501 Walton Blvd., Warsaw
- 4801 W Clara Lane, Muncie
- 650 Kimmel Road, Vincennes
- 2460 E Wabash, Frankfort
- 4040 North Newton Street, Jasper
- 567 Ivy Tech Drive, Madison
- 3335 S Red Bank Road, Evansville
- 410 Grand Valley Blvd., Martinsville
- 1351 Veterans Parkway, Clarksville (*complete)
- 3167 S State Road 3, New Castle
- 2505 N Oak Drive, Plymouth
- 3313 W State Road 45, Bloomington
- 735 N Gospel Street, Paoli
- 175 Country Road #6 West, Elkhart
- 8599 High Pointe Drive, Newburgh
- 950 Highway 80 E, Clinton (*complete)
- 3805 S Keystone Avenue, Indianapolis
Grocery pickup will expanded to more than 40 stores by the end of 2019 and grocery delivery will be added to 36 stores.
Walmart also plans to add 22 pickup towers to stores across the state. Pickup towers are 16-feet tall vending maachines which can fill a customer’s online order in less than a minute once they arrive at the store. Customers scan a barcode on their smartphone to retrieve purchased items.
The company also will expand its FAST Unloader technology to 44 stores. The FAST Unloader automatically scans and sorts items that come off trucks based on priority and department, allowing associates to spend less time unloading.
And finally, Walmart will start using autonomous floor scrubbers to clean concrete floors in stores.