EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP) — Evansville Police say remains found in the garage of home there are human and were concealed there for an extended period of time.
After receiving a tip about a dead person at the home, police went there Monday and discovered the remains in a detached garage.
Police said it appears there was an attempt to conceal the body and that it had been there for an extended period of time.
The identity of the person whose remains were found hasn’t been verified by the Vanderburgh County Coroner’s Office, but police say they have a tentative identification.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fort Wayne buffet closed for violating governor’s executive order
- Trump defends tweet about NASCAR’s Confederate flag ban, Bubba Wallace
- ‘Masks make a difference’: Dr. Fauci talks safely reopening as COVID-19 cases in south spike
- Lawmakers question approval process of which companies receive PPP Loans
- Smith adapting during pandemic as new head coach of Woodlan football