EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP) — Evansville Police say remains found in the garage of home there are human and were concealed there for an extended period of time.
After receiving a tip about a dead person at the home, police went there Monday and discovered the remains in a detached garage.
Police said it appears there was an attempt to conceal the body and that it had been there for an extended period of time.
The identity of the person whose remains were found hasn’t been verified by the Vanderburgh County Coroner’s Office, but police say they have a tentative identification.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- AAA: Gas prices expected to stay low through the holidays
- Are dining tents a safe way to eat out during the pandemic?
- Tennessee mayor waits on Holy Spirit’s guidance before ordering mask mandate
- AP: Trump won 3.1M votes in Ohio, a new state record
- Biden transition gets govt OK after Trump out of options