PERU, Ind. (AP) — Three people have died following a two-vehicle crash on a central Indiana road. Indiana state police say the crash occurred shortly before noon Friday near Peru, about 80 miles north of Indianapolis.
A preliminary investigation reveals that an SUV driven by 53-year-old Douglas Clinkenbeard of Elwood traveled across the center line of State Road 19 and struck another SUV driven by 31-year-old Nicholas Miller of Peru.
Clinkenbeard was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from his vehicle. Clinkenbeard, Miller and Miller’s 18-year-old passenger, Paige Williamson, of Peru were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash. Police say excessive speed by Clinkenbeard’s vehicle appears to have contributed to the crash.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Harvick takes advantage of Hamlin’s crash to win Brickyard
- Second stimulus check: Report shows first payment saved thousands from poverty
- ‘God has another angel’: Broadway star Nick Cordero dies at 41 after COVID-19 battle
- Bubonic Plague case diagnosed in China
- 40 dead in Japan floods, as more areas warned of heavy rain