PERU, Ind. (AP) — Three people have died following a two-vehicle crash on a central Indiana road. Indiana state police say the crash occurred shortly before noon Friday near Peru, about 80 miles north of Indianapolis.
A preliminary investigation reveals that an SUV driven by 53-year-old Douglas Clinkenbeard of Elwood traveled across the center line of State Road 19 and struck another SUV driven by 31-year-old Nicholas Miller of Peru.
Clinkenbeard was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from his vehicle. Clinkenbeard, Miller and Miller’s 18-year-old passenger, Paige Williamson, of Peru were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash. Police say excessive speed by Clinkenbeard’s vehicle appears to have contributed to the crash.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives
- 2 officers shot in Louisville
- Louisville officer shot, but unclear if tied to protests
- ‘I honestly teared up’: Man finds massive 9 carat diamond at Arkansas park
- Trump won’t commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses