MONTICELLO, Ind. (AP) — The owner of a popular Indiana resort that’s been shuttered because of financial issues says it could reopen this year under new ownership.
California-based Apex Parks Group owns Indiana Beach Amusement & Water Park Resort in Monticello.
It said in a statement that no deal has yet been made but that potential buyers have shown interest in acquiring the vacation destination.
The Northwest Indiana Times reports that the current owner has been discussing the sale with amusement industry leaders, brokers and investors for more than a year.
The 94-year-old resort last month announced it would close before its expected reopening for the summer season.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- WANE 15 checks off item on Fort Wayne man’s bucket list for dying dog
- Pres. Biden visits Texas, meets with leaders to learn aftermath of the deadly winter storms
- When is Donald Trump speaking at CPAC?
- WANTED: Police look for man in wooded area along US-30
- CDC director: Now is not the time to relax COVID-19 restrictions