INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — A jury has convicted an Indianapolis man of murder in the 2017 slaying of three people.
The Marion County prosecutor’s office announced Thursday that 26-year-old Kenneth Lancaster was found guilty on three murder counts. He was charged last year in the June 2017 deaths of Mark Higgins, Keith Higgins and Jessica Carte.
The Indianapolis Star reports a witness told authorities Lancaster made several payments to Carte for a car that had been repossessed. The witness said Lancaster believed Carte was spending the money on drugs, so he and others tied her up and took her to a home.
Court documents say the three were shot “execution style” in an Indianapolis home.
Sentencing is scheduled for Nov. 15.
Information from: The Indianapolis Star, http://www.indystar.com
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Powerful derecho leaves path of devastation across Midwest
- Global coronavirus cases double in 45 days, top 20 million
- Russia registers virus vaccine, Putin’s daughter given it
- Woman killed after mobile home rolls during storm
- 2020 Highlight Zone Preview: Garrett Railroaders