GOSHEN, Ind. (AP) — A northern Indiana woman has pleaded guilty in the fatal 2018 shooting of a man whose body was dumped in a wooded area.
Fifty-two-year-old Cindy Goodwin of Elkhart pleaded guilty Thursday in Elkhart County Circuit Court to one count of murder in the slaying of 50-year-old Johnny Mullins.
Goodwin admitted during Thursday’s hearing that she killed Mullins on April 1, 2018. His body was found in a wooded area near the apartment complex where Goodwin lived.
She is scheduled to be sentenced March 26. Her plea agreement calls a sentence of 45 years in prison and 10 years of probation.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Stanley helps Duke blow past Virginia Tech 88-64
- Sanders wins Nevada caucuses, takes national Democratic lead
- Syracuse rallies to earn 79-72 win over Georgia Tech
- Dawes’ career-best 22 leads Clemson past Boston College 82-64
- IHSAA Boys Swimming and Diving Sectionals