INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Another person in Indiana has been sickened by the coronavirus, increasing the state’s number of cases to 12.
The Indiana State Department of Health said Thursday that the latest case is the second in Marion County, which includes Indianapolis.
Also, Fiat Chrysler says a worker at it’s transmission factory in Kokomo has tested positive for the coronavirus.
The universities extending spring breaks or temporarily canceling classroom instruction has grown to include Butler, Ball State, DePauw, Indiana State, Valparaiso and the University of Evansville.
Indiana High School Athletic Association Commissioner Bobby Cox has announced that boys basketball regional games on Saturday will be played before limited audiences.
The ISDH updates the coronavirus case counts daily at 10 a.m. An map noting locations can be found here.
Latest Coronavirus Developments:
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments
- Indiana reports 63 new deaths tied to COVID-19; 6,434 more cases
- Allen County reports 347 new virus cases; death toll hits 303
- Pandemic postpones national math, reading tests until 2022
- How long will you have to wear a mask? Here’s what the experts say