LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP) — Indiana prosecutors want to know whether a former couple accused of abandoning their adopted daughter has been paid for interviews given to national television shows and tabloids about the case.
Prosecutors say the pair left their daughter in Indiana and moved to Canada in 2013.
The Journal & Courier reported Thursday that Michael Barnett and Kristine Barnett are charged with two counts of neglect.
Prosecutors filed a request Oct. 11 asking them for payment amounts they received, payment dates, and any other form of promised compensation. They refiled Nov. 8 because the defendants had not responded.
Michael Barnett and Kristine Barnett, who are divorced, have appeared on several talk shows claiming the girl was an adult posing as a child before a gag issue was ordered on them Oct. 28.
Information from: Journal and Courier
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Old times not forgotten: Mississippi furls rebel-themed flag
- Senators discuss system for paying college athletes
- Fort Wayne firefighter, 1 resident hurt in kitchen fire
- AP Source: NFL to shorten preseason
- Police: Driver leaves scene of crash, shoots himself; other driver hurt