KOKOMO, Ind. (AP) — A central Indiana sheriff says he’s fired six jail officers for misconduct dating back to December.
Howard County Sheriff Jerry Asher says a sergeant was fired for making inappropriate comments to two inmates.
Asher says two other officers were fired last month for lying or not cooperating during an investigation into an alleged sexual battery of a female inmate.
A third officer was fired in connection with that investigation for disclosing confidential information.
The sheriff says another officer was fired for making contact with a known felon and a sixth officer was fired for having an inappropriate inmate relationship.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Indiana Tech softball splits Sunday doubleheader with Cleary
- Komets three-game win streak ends in Wheeling
- Couple plans 20-minute short film leading up to surprise proposal
- Senators questioned about photos, video of UFOs above Navy warships
- Actor Felix Silla, known for his role as Cousin Itt on ‘The Addams Family,’ dies at 84