Contractor worker electrocuted in Danville construction lift

Indiana

DANVILLE, Ind. (AP) — Authorities are investigating after a man in a downtown Danville construction lift was electrocuted.

Police spokesman Nate Lien says the man was a contractor working at the Danville Christian Church. The worker made contact with a high-voltage power line while he was in the lift and was later pronounced dead.

Lien says it appears it was an accident.

The Indianapolis Star reports (http://indy.st/2peHi8M ) the contractor was believed to be in his 50s and came into contact with the electricity while working on church gutters.

A power company was on the scene to check the lines.

___

Information from: The Indianapolis Star, http://www.indystar.com

Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss