BRISTOL, Ind. (AP) — A pontoon boat company plans to close its Iowa plant and move production to an Indiana location.
The Messenger reports that about 45 employees will lose their jobs at the Misty Harbor plant in Fort Dodge.
Misty Harbor President Jeff Miller says the work done in Fort Dodge will be moved to the Bristol, Indiana, plant to “optimize operational efficiency and reduce logistic costs.”
He says the Fort Dodge operations will wind down over the next two to three months. He didn’t provide an exact closing date.
Misty Harbor was founded in Humboldt, Iowa, in 1989. It moved to Fort Dodge in 1993.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- U.S. farmers just can’t catch a break in 2020
- Colts to hold training camp at team’s practice facilities, not Grand Park in Westfield
- Teen caught smuggling 7 kilos of cocaine at El Paso border crossing
- Police: Video shows man killed in Kentucky fired a gun
- COVID-19 has potential to spread during protests, marches, health experts warn