INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Health officials say five more people in Indiana have been sickened by the coronavirus, including three in the same suburban Indianapolis county, boosting the state’s tally to 11 cases.
The state Department of Health said Wednesday that Johnson County, just south of Indianapolis, has three presumptive positive cases of COVID-19 — the disease caused by the virus — and north-central Indiana’s Howard County has one.
A fifth new case of COVID-19 was announced Wednesday afternoon by health officials in northern Indiana’s St. Joseph County. That case involves an adult male who is now quarantined at his home and was tested by a private outpatient clinic.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- US government outlines plan to provide free coronavirus vaccine
- Social media scams surging amid coronavirus pandemic, FTC reports
- Fort Wayne boat maker enjoying record sales through pandemic, and they’re hiring
- Oklahoma woman with COVID-19 forced to find ICU bed in Texas as hospitalizations spike
- Holcomb says Indiana to stay in Stage 5, ‘surgically deal with surges’