SCOTT COUNTY, Ind. (WANE) — A sixth person has succumbed to COVID-19 in Indiana.
The Indiana State Department of Health announced Sunday afternoon that a Marion County resident over the age of 50 has passed. The person had an underlying medical condition, a news release said.
Earlier Sunday, the Scott County Health Department had confirmed a death from coronavirus in Scott County. The department said the person was diagnosed on Friday, March 20 with coronavirus. The person was confirmed deceased on Sunday, March 22.
They too were in their fifties and had a pre-existing condition, the department said. They had been self-quarantining at their home where they passed away on Sunday morning.
No additional information about the patients will be released due to privacy laws.
As of March 22, 201 Hoosiers have contracted COVID-19. All but one are adults.
- Nets’ star Kyrie Irving says he forfeited $100M to remain unvaccinated
- Canada ending all COVID-19 restrictions at border as of Oct. 1
- Pfizer vs. Moderna: What are the new bivalent boosters’ differences?
- COVID researchers are learning why some people are asymptomatic
- 4.4M Americans roll up sleeves for omicron-targeted boosters