FORD HEIGHTS, Ill. (AP) — Authorities say two people have been injured in a vehicle crash after a police chase from northwest Indiana to suburban Chicago.
According to the Chicago Sun-Times, Illinois State Police say the suspects fled from police in Dyer, Indiana, and drove across state lines where they crashed around 1 a.m. Sunday on a ramp in the Ford Heights area of Illinois.
The driver, a 21-year-old man, was hospitalized with serious injuries. A male passenger was hospitalized with minor injuries.
Dyer police didn’t immediately have details about what sparked the police chase.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Terre Haute prison inmate with COVID-19 dies; 3 more have it
- Indiana adds 373 new virus cases; 18 new deaths
- BMV Extends Hours for Primary Election Day
- Cargill donation helps FFA chapters deal with virus fallout
- Short on top – and CPR: Kokomo barber saves customer