1 dead, 6 sickened from possible carbon monoxide poisoning after Indiana family moves into new home

Indiana

LEXINGTON, Ind. (AP) — Police said that a woman died and six other people, including three children, received medical treatment after apparently being sickened inside a southern Indiana home by carbon monoxide fumes.

Police said that a gasoline-powered generator was being used inside the home, and a preliminary investigation revealed signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Terri L. Hart, 51, was found dead Wednesday inside the home, while a 23-year-old and three children ages 6, 4 and three months, were taken to hospitals for treatment. Two other people were treated at the scene about 25 miles north of Louisville, Kentucky.

Scott County Sheriff Jerry Goodin tells WLKY-TV that the home’s residents had moved in Tuesday and the home did not have electricity service.

Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss