TAMPA (WFLA) – Publix has confirmed it is working to add physical barriers between customers and employees in an effort to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
According to a spokesperson with Publix, the Florida grocery-store chain is installing plexiglass barriers at its registers, customer service desks and pharmacies.
Installations will begin this coming weekend and are expected to be fully installed companywide within the next two weeks.
Latest Coronavirus Developments:
- Social media scams surging amid coronavirus pandemic, FTC reports
- Fort Wayne boat maker enjoying record sales through pandemic, and they’re hiring
- Oklahoma woman with COVID-19 forced to find ICU bed in Texas as hospitalizations spike
- Holcomb says Indiana to stay in Stage 5, ‘surgically deal with surges’
- COVID-19 vaccine trial from AstraZeneca, Oxford approved to resume in US