FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – A Fort Wayne Community Schools bus was evacuated just before 3:30 p.m. on Monday.
According to a transportation official with Fort Wayne Community Schools, there was an electrical short in the bus. The fumes made the driver dizzy, so she pulled over on Walnut Valley Drive in the North Oak neighborhood and evacuated the school bus.
An ambulance was called the scene and took the driver to the hospital for further observation. The students were placed onto another bus and taken home. Some children did report feeling ill and were checked at the scene but none of them were taken to a hospital.