FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – Thousands of people from around the area became tourist for a day in Fort Wayne.
The annual “Be a Tourist in Your Own Hometown” brought people to downtown to experience some of Fort Wayne’s biggest and best attractions for no charge.
The popular event offered free admission to 16 locations:
- African/African-American Historical Museum
- Allen County Courthouse
- Bicentennial Event at the Allen County Public Library (Main Library)
- Cathedral Museum
- Embassy Theatre
- Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory
- Historic Fort Wayne (The Old Fort)
- History Center
- Bicentennial Trolley Tour
- Fort Wayne Museum of Art
- Parkview Field
- Science Central
- University of Saint Francis Downtown
- The Lincoln Tower
- Visit Fort Wayne Visitors Center
Participating individuals or families could pick up a passport and check off venues as they visited. Three new venues joined this year’s event and an event at Parkview Field participated that honored the lives of those lost in the September 11 attacks.
WANE-TV is a proud sponsor of “Be a Tourist in Your Own Hometown.”