LAGRANGE COUNTY, Ind. (WANE) Indiana State Police arrested a Wisconsin man on a slew of drug charges after a trooper pulled him over and reportedly found drugs and cash.
Just before 1 a.m. Thursday, Trooper Matthew Drudge pulled over a Kia Spectra that was traveling eastbound on the Toll Road six miles west of the Howe exit, for some sort of equipment violation. According to a news release, as Drudge approached the vehicle, he smelled what he believed to be raw marijuana.
Druge, then, along with two other troopers, searched the vehicle and found cocaine, marijuana, LSD, ecstasy, psychedelic mushrooms, drug paraphernalia and more than $700 cash.
The driver – 33-year-old Kurt Alan Frederick of Racine, Wisconsin – was taken into custody and booked into the LaGrange County Jail on the following preliminary charges:
- Dealing Cocaine, Level 2 Felony
- Dealing Controlled Substance, Level 3 Felony
- Possession of Cocaine, Level 4 Felony
- Dealing Controlled Substance, Level 5 Felony
- Dealing Controlled Substance, Level 6 Felony
- Possession of a Controlled Substance, Level 6 Felony
- Dealing Marijuana, Class A Misdemeanor
- Possession of Marijuana, Class A Misdemeanor
- Possession of Paraphernalia, Class A Misdemeanor