BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (AP) — Indiana authorities say a man and woman were shot in the area of a large party in Bloomington.
Bloomington police say an officer on patrol early Sunday heard numerous gunshots and saw several hundred people fleeing a party. Officers and other first-responders found and aided a 23-year-old man who was shot once and an 18-year-old woman shot twice.
Both were listed in stable condition at a hospital.
Police say officers chased a man running with a handgun. Twenty-year-old Gabriel Alsman, who was arrested, is accused of resisting law enforcement, criminal recklessness with a firearm and marijuana possession. Investigators say the gun he had was reported stolen.
It wasn’t immediately clear if Alsman has an attorney.
Officers say there was more than one shooter, but offered no information on additional suspects.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Recent Trine education graduates see 100 percent placement for 8th year in a row
- CDC grant to fund sickle cell research in Indiana for three years
- Area rapper says show must go on, but safely
- Trine to offer financial aid to incoming freshmen from Northeast Indiana starting fall of 2021
- St. Joseph Missions to open emergency shelter for single women