FWPD arrest man wanted for April double homicide


FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – Fort Wayne Police have arrested a man wanted in connection to an April double homicide.

According to police, just before 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, officials were sent to the 1400 block of High Street after they received a tip that Ronald W. Price, 48, was in the house.

Fort Wayne Police Department Gang and Violent Crimes Unit and other Fort Wayne Officers arrived in the area and established a perimeter, the department said. They determined that the tip was accurate and that Price was inside the house.

Just before 6:30 p.m., the Emergency Services Team (EST), Air Support Unit and Crisis Response Team were called to assist due to the serious nature of Price’s warrants.

EST members loud hailed the house and used distraction devices, police said. Price complied with verbal commands from EMT members and was arrested without incident. 

Police said no chemical agents were used. 

Price was arrested on the following charges:

  • Murder (2 counts)
  • Felony Murder (2 counts)
  • Robbery Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury (1 count)
  • Firearm Used in Commission of Offense (1 Count)

The warrant was issued after Price was wanted for the killings of Jennifer A. Dray, 40, and Amanda L. Shroyer, 30, inside a home at 815 Third St. on April 20.

On April 20, police were called to the 800 block of Third Street on reports of a problem unknown. The caller told police that there were two unconscious people in the bathroom with blood around them.

One victim pronounced dead at the scene was identified as 40-year-old Jennifer Ann Dray. The second victim, identified as 30-year-old Amanda Lee Shroyer, died at the hospital.

An autopsy found that both victims died from gunshot wounds and the manner of death was homicide, according to court documents.

The affidavit said witnesses told police that a man named Joshua Dube had gone to the house which he said he was paying after his brother-in-law died of a suspected overdose. He was there to remove her stuff. Dube had been waving a handgun, and Dray locked herself in the bathroom.

The affidavit said Dube texted Marina Zrnic, 31, and asked her to come over to confront Dray and take his SUV back from Dray, who had been driving it.

When Zrnic arrived with a man, Dray began “screaming threats,” and Dube told everyone to leave.

At that point, witnesses said a masked man walked into the apartment and opened fire on Dray and Shroyer, then left, according to the affidavit.

Dube was stopped by Fort Wayne Police later and taken into custody. Police searched Dube’s text messages and found multiple messages tying Zrnic to the killings, the affidavit said.

Zrnic was identified by police as a person of interest in the case two days after the shooting.

On April 28, police pulled over Zrnic and brought her in for questioning. Price was a passenger in the vehicle.

Zrnic told police that Price went with her to the home on Third Street as her bodyguard, but she didn’t know him very well. She said she would just buy “smoke” off of him, the affidavit said.

Zrnic was later released from police custody.

On Wednesday, Zrnic was arrested and brought in for an interview. During that questioning, she told police that she had gone to the house to get the keys for the SUV from Dube, and while there, Price pushed by her and started shooting at Dray and Shroyer, according to the affidavit.

On Thursday, police identified Price as their suspect and called him a “dangerous individual.” In a news release, police said they’d conducted “an exhaustive homicide investigation.”

Police also arrested Zrnic and Dube for their connection to the double homicides.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss