INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indianapolis police say a 15-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with last week’s fatal shootings of two teenage siblings.
The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department says the juvenile was arrested Monday afternoon for his alleged involvement in Friday’s slayings of 16-year-old Nicholas Nelson and his 15-year-old sister, Ashlynn Nelson.
Marion County prosecutors will review the case and make a charging decision in the case. Under Indiana law, a judge must decide whether defendants under the age of 16 accused of murder are tried in adult or juvenile court.
The Nelson siblings were fatally shot Friday in an Indianapolis apartment complex . Police said officers saw a male fleeing the scene when they arrived.
WXIN-TV reports that a vigil was held Sunday for the siblings, who were Lawrence North High School students.
Information from: WXIN-TV, http://fox59.trb.com/news/
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Newsfeed Now: Jury deliberations set to start in Chauvin trial; NASA launches helicopter over surface of Mars
- ‘Creepy’ doorbell video shows intruder on NM family’s porch for 6 hours
- Austin shooting suspect arrested, wanted for killing 3 people
- Got ideas about Fort Wayne’s trail system? Fort Wayne Trails wants to hear from you
- 5-year-old girl wins staredown with backyard bobcat