COLUMBUS (WCMH) – Costco has announced a face covering requirement for all members and guests.
Shoppers must wear a mask or face covering that covers their mouth and nose beginning May 4, the company stated Wednesday in a press release.
A Costco press release states that the requirement is an additional precaution.
“The use of a mask or face covering should not be seen as a substitute for social distancing. Please continue to observe rules regarding appropriate distancing while on Costco premises. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation,” says the company.
According to the retailer, the requirement does not apply to children under the age of 2 or to those unable to wear a mask due to a medical condition.
Latest Coronavirus Developments:
- Elmo, 3, joins youngest Americans in getting vaccinated
- FDA panel recommends COVID-19 vaccine update as virus evolves
- What is COVID-19 ‘rebound’? CDC explains phenomenon affecting Fauci, some Paxlovid users
- Can you test negative for COVID and still have the virus?
- Should you get a COVID-19 booster shot now or wait until fall? Two immunologists help weigh the options