(CNN & WIAT) Thermometers are hard to come by these days, and it could get worse.
Thermometer manufacturers and distributors say the devices were already in high demand earlier this year when health care providers started ordering more to scan COVID-19 patients. But now, companies who will require temperature checks are also buying the devices in mass bundles.
Marc Blustein, CEO of American Diagnostic Corporation, one of the nation’s largest thermometer manufacturers, said demand is up 900% for his company’s “non-contact” thermometers.
Multiple medical suppliers said the added customers have put a strain on the thermometer supply chain because they simply can not make enough right now.
- Woman constructs ‘candy slide’ for trick-or-treating from a distance
- Indiana records 2,880 new virus cases; 42 more deaths
- Big Game Bound Week 7: Battle of the unbeatens
- Medical Minute – Other kinds of rehab
- Justice Dept.: 127 suspected MS-13 members charged this year