(CNN & WIAT) Thermometers are hard to come by these days, and it could get worse.
Thermometer manufacturers and distributors say the devices were already in high demand earlier this year when health care providers started ordering more to scan COVID-19 patients. But now, companies who will require temperature checks are also buying the devices in mass bundles.
Marc Blustein, CEO of American Diagnostic Corporation, one of the nation’s largest thermometer manufacturers, said demand is up 900% for his company’s “non-contact” thermometers.
Multiple medical suppliers said the added customers have put a strain on the thermometer supply chain because they simply can not make enough right now.
- Grand Rapids to replace older streetlights with LED lights
- Wat Lao Samakky Temple hosts food distribution on south side
- Bravas to make a comeback with return to hot dog cart roots
- Michigan fines prison $6,300 for failing COVID-19 safety rules
- AP sources: Feds pinpoint suspect in officer’s riot death