INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Spring sports in Indiana schools have been canceled after officials said schools would remain closed because of the coronavirus outbreak.
The Indiana High School Athletic Association says it supports the decision to close schools and urges residents to follow safety guidelines set by state and local leaders.
Deaths linked to the virus climbed to 78 on Thursday, and confirmed cases have moved past 3,000.
The IHSAA postponed the boys basketball tournament on March 13. But six days later, the tournament was canceled.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Kids ask healthcare superheroes questions this weekend on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’
- Fort Wayne’s Pride festival postponed amid virus threat
- Malaria drug fails to prevent COVID-19 in a rigorous study
- West Point preps for graduation, some in class test positive
- Indiana to allow for outdoor nursing home visitation under certain conditions