MALIBU, Calif. (AP) — Simon Cowell broke his back Saturday while testing his new electric bicycle at his home in California.
Cowell was expected to have surgery Saturday evening, according to a spokesperson for the entertainment mogul. Cowell fell off the bike while in the courtyard with his family at his house in Malibu. He was taken to a hospital and was said to be under observation and doing fine.
Cowell created “America’s Got Talent” and serves as a judge on the show. He has also been the judge on “Britain’s Got Talent,” “The X Factor” and “American Idol.”
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Organization rescues animals of all sizes from wildfires raging across the West
- U.S. Marshals arrest 262 suspects, find 5 missing children in Oklahoma operation
- Annual Walk to End Alzheimer’s fundraising short $100K
- Indiana awarded $4.7M for top state with increase of adoptions from foster care
- Native American ancestral remains, artifacts returned to U.S. soil