A Cook County judge has ordered R&B singer R. Kelly to stand trial on one of four sexual abuse cases on Sept. 14 and told local prosecutors that he wants to know next month which of the four sexual abuse cases they intend to take to trial first.
Kelly is already scheduled to stand trial in April in federal court in Chicago on similar charges and again in federal court in Brooklyn the next month. He is being held without bail and did not attend Wednesday’s hearing. If convicted in all three cases he could spend the rest of his life in prison.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives
- 2 officers shot in Louisville
- Louisville officer shot, but unclear if tied to protests
- ‘I honestly teared up’: Man finds massive 9 carat diamond at Arkansas park
- Trump won’t commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses