NEW YORK (AP) — It’s no joker. The night is lighting up Saturday around the world with the famous bat signal to mark a special anniversary for Batman.
DC Comics is carrying off a celebration of Batman Day to mark the 80th anniversary of the appearance of crimefighter Bruce Wayne and his masked identity.
Fan gatherings happened all over the world. But the most ambitious party plan was the illumination of the bat signal.
It started at Fed Square in Melbourne, Australia. The signal is also appearing in 13 other cities, including Tokyo, Berlin, Rome, Paris, London, Montreal, Sao Paulo and Johannesburg, as well New Yor City’s Domino Sugar Refinery.
Los Angeles also celebrated with a fan experience concert and the Batman Inaugural 5K run.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Comic-Con to be virtual in July; November in-person event also planned
- 6 Dr. Seuss books won’t be published for racist images
- How an LA musician helped NASA mic up the Mars rover and record our first sounds of the red planet
- Comic-Con to remain virtual in 2021, cites financial strain
- Lady Gaga’s dog walker speaks out after Hollywood shooting