CINCINNATI, Ohio (WANE) — A World War II veteran plans to graduate from the University of Cincinnati more than 70 years after he first enrolled.
WCPO-TV reports 94-year-old Paul Blom began his degree at the university in 1946 after enlisting in the Navy three years prior. He says that he began to help with the family trucking business while taking night classes at the university for the next nine years but that life got in the way.
The university found that it was able to offer him the associate’s degree he had earned in full.
The veteran will walk at the official commencement ceremony Saturday.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Indianapolis warns fines coming for virus rules violations
- 10 things you can do to nail your Zoom job interview
- Matthew McConaughey to interview Dr. Fauci Thursday on Instagram Live
- Allen County Public Library director resigns, interim director to be named
- Indiana passes 75,000 virus cases