CINCINNATI, Ohio (WANE) — A World War II veteran plans to graduate from the University of Cincinnati more than 70 years after he first enrolled.
WCPO-TV reports 94-year-old Paul Blom began his degree at the university in 1946 after enlisting in the Navy three years prior. He says that he began to help with the family trucking business while taking night classes at the university for the next nine years but that life got in the way.
The university found that it was able to offer him the associate’s degree he had earned in full.
The veteran will walk at the official commencement ceremony Saturday.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 2 police officers shot dead, multiple homes destroyed by fire in Hawaii
- George Kittle celebrates 49ers’ win with topless Jimmy G shirt
- Prince wrongful death case dismissed; estate case continues
- Pedestrian killed after being hit by charter bus in Wabash County
- Watch: Annual MLK Memorial wreath-laying ceremony