JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) — Newly released video shows a shootout in Jersey City, New Jersey, where two shooters killed three people inside a koscher grocery store in December.
The two shooters were later found dead inside the store. Bodycam video shows a Jersey City police officer firing his pistol toward the market from the window of a Catholic school across the street.
The officer is seen reloading his weapon as numerous volleys of gunfire are heard.
“I think he’s down. No he’s still moving,” the unidentified officer is heard saying.
Seven video files were obtained by The Associated Press Thursday through the state’s open records law that span roughly three hours from the Dec. 10 barrage.
Authorities identified the attackers as David Anderson and Francine Graham and said they were fueled by a hatred of Jewish people and law enforcement.
Police say the duo killed Jersey City Detective Joseph Seals in a chance meeting in a cemetery, then drove to the market and killed Mindel Ferencz, 31, who owned the store with her husband; Moshe Deutsch, 24, a rabbinical student from Brooklyn who was shopping there; and store employee Douglas Miguel Rodriguez.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Health Commissioner ‘strongly recommends’ cloth face coverings in public
- WATCH: Police dept. uses eerie siren from ‘The Purge’ to signal start of coronavirus curfew
- WATCH: Rio firefighter plays uplifting trumpet at 150 ft
- AP sources: MLB, union discuss playing all games in Arizona
- ‘There is hope’: Family recovering from coronavirus spread at bridal shower