ROCHESTER, N.Y. (Rochester Democrat and Chronicle) — An upstate New York doughnut shop is featuring the likeness of the doctor leading the country’s battle with coronavirus on its sweet treats.
Donuts Delite in Rochester has begun selling hundreds of doughnuts with Dr. Anthony Fauci’s face, surrounded by white frosting and topped off with patriotic sprinkles.
Nick Semeraro, franchisee of the café, says the exclusive treats have been selling “like crazy” since the store put them on display Monday.
The shop’s decision was inspired by the 79-year-old doctor’s straightforward communication style and calm demeanor while he’s been advising millions of Americans amid a pandemic.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Scientists learn how tiny critters make ocean ‘snot palaces’
- Stadium-sized asteroid to make ‘relatively close’ approach toward Earth at 3 million miles
- Lawsuit filed against Allen County sheriff for injuring teen moved to federal court
- Fort Wayne restoration company sees increase in business due to weekend protests
- Fort Wayne pastors ask for leaders to come together and protest peacefully