According to the City of Kannapolis, Sgt. Dot Cole is the oldest living Marine.
She joined the Marine Corps during World War II in 1943.
Sgt. Cole completed her training at Camp Lejeune and was then stationed at Quantico. City officials say she primarily served in an administrative role.
Last month, another North Carolina woman celebrated a monumental birthday. Hester Ford turned 116, making her the oldest living person in the United States.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Police dispatched to South Bridge Apartments on reports of shooting
- Trump officials end gray wolf protections across most of US
- NAACP files suit against Trump’s diversity training order
- FBI warns ransomware assault threatens US health care system
- Carroll girls cross country looking for state title trifecta on Saturday