FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – A local mom is doing her best to help give other mothers the perfect Mothers Day this weekend.
Maria Saldana collected donations to give to the mothers at the YWCA to help them have the Mothers Day every mom deserves.
She collected a lot of items, including candy, cleaning supplies, disinfecting wipes and more. She also collected items for kids, including crayons, coloring books, chalk and more.
Maria wasn’t the only one that put this together. She plenty of help from family, friends, co-workers, and local businesses. A local flower shop donated flowers to give mothers on Sunday. ‘
She will donate as much as she can to the YWCA, and if there is extra supplies, she will go around downtown and donate the rest to food pantries and to people who need it.
If you would like to help Maria in future donation events, you can contact her through email.
- Fort Wayne splash pads open for the season
- A national park site can lose NPS status: Here’s how that happens
- Impending demise of Roe v. Wade puts a spotlight on a major privacy risk: Your phone reveals more about you than you think
- ‘Dr. Beach’ names top 10 beaches in US
- Conditions of Josh Duggar’s supervised release after prison are not ‘typical,’ but appropriate, judge says