LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is relaxing coronavirus restrictions to lift a ban on nonessential medical and dental procedures, reopen retail shops and let residents gather in groups of 10 or less.
The small social gatherings can start immediately.
Retails stores and auto dealerships can reopen by appointment only starting Tuesday.
Medical, dental and veterinary offices can resume nonessential procedures beginning May 29.
The governor says her stay-at-home order likely will be extended beyond May 28.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- ‘You are not listening:’ Fauci loses patience with Rand Paul in Senate COVID hearing
- Indiana adds 728 new virus cases; 10 more deaths
- Late-stage study of first single-shot vaccine begins in US
- Indiana governor moves state to final stage of reopening plan
- Mnuchin and Powell on pandemic progress: US economy is improving, but still fragile