LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is relaxing coronavirus restrictions to lift a ban on nonessential medical and dental procedures, reopen retail shops and let residents gather in groups of 10 or less.
The small social gatherings can start immediately.
Retails stores and auto dealerships can reopen by appointment only starting Tuesday.
Medical, dental and veterinary offices can resume nonessential procedures beginning May 29.
The governor says her stay-at-home order likely will be extended beyond May 28.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Indiana adds 397 new virus cases; 9 new deaths
- Little boy has a backyard prom for his babysitter
- US cities fear protests may fuel new wave of virus outbreaks
- WATCH: Top doctors, mental health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 31
- 50,000 meals donated to Community Harvest Food Bank