FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – VA Northern Indiana Health Care System announced it will host walk-in COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic at New Haven VFW Post 2457 on Saturday from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
All Veterans are able to receive their COVID-19 vaccine from at the clinic regardless of their enrollment status or character of discharge.
Those eligible for the COVID Vaccine include:
- Anyone who served in the U.S. military, to include:
- National Guard
- Coast Guard
- Commissioned members of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration or the U.S. Public Health Service
- Cadets or midshipmen of the U.S. military academies
Spouses of Veterans
- Those in same-sex and common-law marriages.
- Widow or widower of a Veteran.
- Individuals who characterize their relationship as spousal can receive the vaccine.
Caregivers of a Veteran
- Family member or friend who provides care to the Veteran.
- Helps the Veteran with personal needs like feeding, bathing or dressing.
- May also help the Veteran with tasks like shopping or transportation.
- Spouses or children of permanently and totally disabled Veterans or of Veterans who have died from service-connected disabilities.
- Recipients must meet CDC vaccine age requirements.
All eligible Veterans can schedule an appointment by calling 800-360-8387 Ext. 75113.