PAULDING, Ohio (WANE) The Paulding County Health Department has confirmed that two people who recently traveled to Italy have been quarantined for possible exposure to the coronavirus.
The two are considered Persons Under Investigation (PUI) as designated by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Italy has been one of the countries hardest hit by the deadly COVID-19 virus. As of Monday, the country has counted 7,375 cases of COVID-19 virus and 366 deaths, more than any country outside of Asia.
Monday afternoon, the Ohio State Department of Health announced three confirmed cases of coronavirus, the first in the state. There have been four confirmed cases in Indiana. The CDC believes that symptoms of COVID-19 may appear in as little as 2 days or as long as 14 days after exposure.
Latest Coronavirus Developments:
- President Biden says 100-day goal on vaccinations may rise to 150 million instead of 100 million
- Target employees to receive $500-plus pandemic bonus
- Easterseals Arc begins pilot COVID-19 vaccine program
- Republican lawmaker aims to gut Indiana’s coronavirus limits
- ‘Stuff a Bug’ with donations for the Lighthouse Family Thrift Store