SANTA MONICA, Calif. (AP) Ten nurses have been suspended from their jobs at a Santa Monica, California, hospital after refusing to care for COVID-19 patients without being provided protective N95 face masks.
One of those nurses, Mike Gulick, says the decision was heart-wrenching but after a colleague tested positive for the infection he felt he had to take a stand.
Other nurses Tuesday protested what they said was inadequate personal protective equipment at a hospital in Fresno, California, where 10 nurses have tested positive for the new coronavirus, which causes COVID-19.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Latest Coronavirus Developments:
- FDA authorizes Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine
- Wat Lao Samakky Temple hosts food distribution on south side
- Michigan fines prison $6,300 for failing COVID-19 safety rules
- As restaurants reopen, Ohioans petition DeWine to give workers COVID vaccine
- Pandemic challenges also give some teams chances to bond