RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — NC State’s men’s basketball team will be without one of its key contributors from last season’s roster.
DJ Funderburk, a redshirt junior, was suspended indefinitely for “violation of team policy” according to the university’s athletic office.
No specifics were made available into why exactly Funderburk was suspended.
Funderburk played in 36 games last season, starting one. He averaged 8.8 points per game, 4.2 rebounds per game and was a steady contributor from the field (55 percent) and the free throw line (78.5 percent).
- Florida traffic stop leads to seizure of enough fentanyl to kill nearly 40k people
- Indiana adds 761 new virus cases; 20 more deaths
- Indiana casino executive charged in illegal campaign scheme
- Watch: Belugas swim in new open water sanctuary for first time
- Newsfeed Now: Countdown to the first Presidential Debate, California Wildfires, Carole Baskin, and more