SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) – John Mooney matched his career-high with 28 points and pulled down 14 rebounds, Prentiss Hubb had 22 points and Notre Dame held off Syracuse 88-87.
Notre Dame won its second straight in the Carrier Dome for the first time since the Irish won on their first three visits _ in 1986, 1990 and 1992. Syracuse saw its three-game winning streak end.
T.J. Gibbs finished with 21 points. Buddy Boeheim led Syracuse with 23 points, Joe Girard had 20 and Elijah Hughes 19.
Marek Dolezaj had 13 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ex-NFL player Burfict arrested in Vegas on battery charge
- ‘You don’t ever give up’: Woman charged in 2003 Stickney Township cold case of newborn twins
- Colts at Texans: How we see it
- David L. Lander, best known as ‘Squiggy’ on Laverne & Shirley, dies at 73
- Guests meet Santa’s Reindeer at Botanical Conservatory