CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) — Isaiah Wong scored 18 points, including a key 3-pointer in overtime, and the Miami Hurricanes made all six free throws in the extra period to beat Syracuse 69-65.
The Hurricanes saved their best shooting for overtime, when they went 3 for 6.
They shot 37 percent for the game and went 10 for 31 from beyond the arc.
Syracuse forward Elijah Hughes, the leading scorer in the Atlantic Coast Conference, took a blow to the head and sat out after halftime.
He played all 20 minutes in the first half and scored eight points.
Miami broke a three-game losing streak.
- Indiana Tech softball splits Sunday doubleheader with Cleary
- Komets three-game win streak ends in Wheeling
- Couple plans 20-minute short film leading up to surprise proposal
- Senators questioned about photos, video of UFOs above Navy warships
- Actor Felix Silla, known for his role as Cousin Itt on ‘The Addams Family,’ dies at 84