CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) — Isaiah Wong scored 18 points, including a key 3-pointer in overtime, and the Miami Hurricanes made all six free throws in the extra period to beat Syracuse 69-65.
The Hurricanes saved their best shooting for overtime, when they went 3 for 6.
They shot 37 percent for the game and went 10 for 31 from beyond the arc.
Syracuse forward Elijah Hughes, the leading scorer in the Atlantic Coast Conference, took a blow to the head and sat out after halftime.
He played all 20 minutes in the first half and scored eight points.
Miami broke a three-game losing streak.
- Driver pulled from burning SUV after 3-vehicle crash along US 30
- Americans load up on candy, trick or treat – or not
- Second stimulus checks: How SCOTUS battle could derail $1,200 direct payments
- Tracking the Tropics: Atlantic basin a little quieter heading into late September
- California to end sales of new gasoline-powered cars and trucks by 2035