The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- 2 Indiana counties lifting mask orders with new CDC guidance
- Armed Forces Day: Walt Disney World honors cast member who served in WWII with flag-raising ceremony
- A look at the (possibly) vulgar origin of the word ‘cocktail’
- This is the biggest contagion spot for COVID in airports
- Historic ‘Mayor’s Mansion’ in San Francisco listed at $11.8M